Just 2 sub-headings out of 6 of the emerging Health, Safety and Environmental news around Asia Pacific. Members are encouraged to log into the Table of Contents to find out more details of the 6 Emerging HSE News.
1) MEP: Circular on Strengthening the Environmental Management and Registration of Toxic Chemicals Import/Export
Will be effective from 1 January 2010:-
· shall be complied with when importing/exporting chemicals listed in the Catalogue of Toxic Chemicals Severely Restricted in PRC and have to obtain the Toxic Chemicals Import Environmental Management Registration Certificate, in accordance with the Import/Export Environmental Management Release Notification.
· Also, enterprises shall provide the required documents when importing/exporting such chemicals.
1) Notification: On Promotion of Measures to Reduce NOx Emissions from Minor Sources Date: November 19, 2009
· I Produced a “Guideline for promoting low-NOx-emission small burning appliances” as well as the “MOE certification label/mark of low-NOx-emission”.
· Meanwhile, regarding small burning appliances which are considered as “minor sources” of NOx and exempt from the Air Pollution Control Act, NOx emissions from them have become measurable as the number of such appliances in use has increased.
· applying to compact boilers, etc. aiming to recommend those emit fewer NOx as excellent quality, and to encourage the widespread use of such low-NOx-emission small burning appliances.